Tips and Tricks
Methods and Protocols
- Autofluorescence removal (techniques to remove or minimise autofluorescence).
- Nuclear DNA staining (Hoechst 33258 and 33342, DAPI)
- Mounting medium recipe (PVA and glycerol antifade mounting medium)
- Adding Magnification Scalebars to Images using Adobe Photoshop 7
- Creating Red/Green merged images in photoshop in Adobe Photoshop
Fluorescence Spectral Data Information Sources
- A very comprehensive source of fluorescence spectra, along with laser lines and different filter combinations. Created by Carl Boswell & George McNamara: http://www.mcb.arizona.edu/ipc/fret/ (be patient - the data set is large).
- BioRad fluorochrome database on the Zeiss website: http://www.zeiss.de/cellscience (follow the link to "fluorescent dyes").
- Curv-o-matic at OmegaFilters: http://www.omegafilters.com/
- Fluorescence Spectrum Viewer at BD: http://www.bdbiosciences.com/spectra/ (intended for flow cytometry).
- Carl Boswell's original spectra page: http://www.mcb.arizona.edu/IPC/spectra_page.htm
- Invitrogen Molecular Probes: http://www.probes.com/servlets/spectra/
- Jonathan Lindsey (NCSU) has a program that can graph spectra and do various calculations: PhotoChemCAD 2 at: http://www.photochemcad.com/
- George McNamara's spectral data site: http://home.earthlink.net/~fluorescentdyes/